Introducing version 1.7 of KidCalc – Adding Four New Holiday Themes and Two New Learning Games
Created with the help of public and private school teachers, as well as parents homeschooling their children, KidCalc helps teach crucial math skills to children ages 3-9 years. Version 1.7 of KidCalc adds a large number of enhancements and new features.
New holiday themes including beautiful backgrounds and adorable little icons that celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa are the first things you’ll notice. I have also added animations throughout KidCalc, with falling leaves for Thanksgiving, snowfall for Christmas, falling flowers in the Springtime theme, and shooting stars in the Outer Space theme!
The full list of new and noteworthy features includes:
- Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa themes have been added with icons for counting.
- Numeric flash cards teach counting with numbers, icons, and voice-overs for the numbers 0-100.
- Numeric flash cards include an innovative index bar at the top of the screen to give context to the number on the flash card currently being displayed.
- Numeric flash card settings include counting by 1s, 2s, 3s,… on up to counting by 25s.
- Numeric flash card settings offer the option to sort flash cards in ascending, descending, or random sequences, and to select low and high flash cards – giving parents the power to decide when to introduce zero to their children, and how high the flash card deck should go before trumpets are sounded as a reward for reaching the end.
- New age-based settings allow one-click configuration of all learning games for a given age.
- A ‘Little Genius’ mode offers numeric flash cards comprised of numbers from popular sequences such as prime numbers (2, 3, 5, 7, 11, …) , binary numbers (0, 1, 2, 4, 8, …) , and Fibonacci numbers (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, …).
- Counting Snowflakes – A new counting game with animated snowfall has been added.
- Animated snowfall, stars, leaves and flowers have been added throughout KidCalc to existing and new learning games.
In addition to the above, I have also made enhancements based on feedback from parents and teachers including the following:
- All recordings have been replaced with clearer, higher quality and higher volume recordings.
- The Counting Puzzle can now be either 4 or 9 squares.
- The Counting Puzzle can now be set to count by 1s, 2s, 3s,… on up to counting by 25s.
- The Math Puzzle now provides settings for users to select operands to be included in math problems.
- The Math Puzzle now provides settings for users to disable the review after a problem is completed.
* iPhone or iPod touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
KidCalc 1.7 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.